Energy Metropolis Leipzig: a European centre of energy
- Leipzig aims to become one of Europe's leading energy centres.
- It was in order to achieve this aim that the Power & Environment Cluster was set up.
- One of the cluster's members is the City of Leipzig's Office for Economic Development – other members are small, medium-sized and large enterprises and top energy research centres.
- The private sector, science and the local authority are all pulling together to boost the city's energy sector.
- Expertise and intensive communication form the basis for fruitful cooperation.
- The annual Energy Metropolis Leipzig expert meeting attracts cluster members and partners from far and wide.
- Cluster work focuses on translating innovative ideas into viable projects.